Monday, September 20, 2010

A Beautiful Mind - Day 1


I volunteered in this sch for the first time today. The weather is so hot and humid that sometimes it's unbearable to me. I coudn't focus on the kids and found it difficult to stay patient when they throw their tantrum. But it's a beautiful experience after all, even though the first time volunteering in a new place is always the hardest.

They are the special kids with learning difficulties, autism and Down syndrome. Here's the photo that makes me smile every time i see it.

Duc with his beautiful piece of art displayed on the wall

One of my kids. She's very cheerful, though it's hard for me to make her listen to what I told her to do. Maybe I'll need to be more firm :)

I tutor this little darling in reading and spelling during class. She's the first one who gave me a hug this morning. Such a sweet little girl :)

Yup they all have a beautiful mind. You can recognize it after spending the first few minutes with them, and chances are you will love them for their mind when you spend more time with them.

No comments: